Total Pageviews....

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Vogue August 2012

I've just had my 'August' fix of vouge...Gosh it was good!



It was so good infact that I was unable to work out for days how to express my opinions on it, after much thought it's here....my review of Vogue's august 2012 issue :) 

Vogue Cover look

I absolutely adored this months cover look!! Emma stone wore an exquisite white and black sweater embroidered with crystals(£600) and a wool/leather cap(£215) both Max Mara!

Vanessa Axente!

Vanessa Axente <3
One of the smallest collums in this months vogue was to catch my eye....Information about a new and upcoming model Vanessa Axente! - This girl possess such beauty! She must be the envy of every girl! It's almost impossible to contain the bitter pangs of jealousy upon discovering that, at just 16 years of age, Miss Axente bagged the coveted opening spot at Prada and went on to be 1st out at Celine and Valention too! According to Rosie Vogel (Fashions booking editor) ''She is leading the pack!''



Autumn

Yes it's almost that time of year again when the Weather starts getting colder, Leaves start changing colour and falling off the trees. Days start getting shorter and the sun sets by 4.30pm. Here in the UK our  brollies and wellies tend to become our main fashion accessories..although it's not all doom and gloom, the fashion world is here to cheer us up :) 

Autumn/winter 2012 is a season dripping with lavish colour and detail. Ornamental florals bold prints full black leather and vivid fantasy furs! 

Somerset by Alice Temperley 

Alice Temperley's debut Somerset collection!

First look at the Somerset by Temperley for John Lewis collection


The Somerset pieces have a very ‘Hippie’ look to them, but they’re all versatile enough for every girl to wear. That is what I adore about this collection, it's wearability factor! The colours are a far cry from the girly tones of this season...ranging from dark forest greens to stunning military neutrals!

Alice said “I think most women want their wardrobe to be versatile; to be stylish without being trendy; to be well-made and hard-working,” the designer said. “Since the recession, customers are spending more on investment pieces – but they want high-street buys to work harder. They want pieces that transcend seasons, and to wear in the city or the country, from the office to a night out.”
It is most definitely my favourite line this a/w! A few pieces will be going onto my Wishlist :) 

Feature on Edwardian trend 

From the very second the credits rolled over images of the maids in white mob  hats and butlers with bow ties, I was hooked on Downton Abbey. The period drama, a compelling upstairs-downstairs soap opera with a flair for period fashion, follows a somewhat dysfunctional aristocratic English family at the beginning of the 12th century.  So it is of little surprise that the three beautiful  daughters,  have evoked a fascination with the fashion of the Edwardian era. I along with millions of others am truly Captivated by Downton Abbey.The little girl inside of me just want's to go and live in that era and flounce around in those beautiful Edwardian dresses! However perhaps I can finally live out my childhood fantasy as this season the Edwardian style appears to be in (Hooorayyy!!) 


FAB316  bias cut drappe silk citrine dress with fur collar
Alessandra Rich-bias cut drappe silk citrine dress with fur collar


Florals 




hermes

There was something about this piece by hermes that I found truly captivating!

The feminine florals seem to return time and time again particularly at this time of the year, I never tire of florals. Whether you want dreamy romantic florals with flair, or the wackier leafy floral prints,"C'est très facile" to work them into your wardrobe-regardless of your style, but there is a snag. Florals can be  as dull as dishwater - To save yourself from looking lifeless and mundane -Be original!.stick with unique tones and designs!

Rise if the oversize-This A/W 


 According to Vogue, ''oversized clothes are in for this fall season.'' As soon as I discovered this I was thrilled, as I do have a soft spot for oversized cardigans, but let me tell you I am quickly losing my enthusiasm for this seasons trend. I was in Miss selfridege. I had been lusting over a 'notical look' oversized jumper for weeks and finally decided to try it on. Minutes after trying it on and looking in the mirror I was running out of the shopping centre feeling extremely depressed and demoralized. Over-sized clothes can make you look chubby, and that's the truth. Only extremely tall and skinny girls will look fragile and romantic in coats looking like they have been made from two dresses, As much as I love an over-sized cardigan being under 5'3 If I went ''all out'' in the over-sized style I believe I would look truly dreadful-Definitely a style for tall girls. (Boohoo) :( 


This exquisite pink jacket is perfect for keeping you warm on a cold winters eve!   


Elegantly Waisted

''Beautifully tailored curves and belted middles - how fashion's focus is on the waist this a/w''

elegant Audrey Hepburn

 Audrey Hepburn is a symbol for, elegance, and timeless style... her reverence as a fashion icon has continued long after her passing, proved by gaining the titles "most beautiful woman of all time" and "most beautiful woman of the 20th century". Hepburn was very feminine. This feminine style seems to have returned for a/w 2012 LOVE IT!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment